Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination! We get local Omaha home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website saying, “I’m relocating and need to sell my house quickly in Omaha.” The great thing is that we’re able to help a good many of these sellers sell their house quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in Omaha Nebraska right now!).
There’s an insane amount of details to keep together, plus the stress of whatever is making you move in the first place – it could be an exciting new job or an ailing relative who needs your help, but the true need to move always comes with a dramatic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize!
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years. That gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way!
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Omaha, things can change in the blink of an eye. So it’s wise to plan and take action so you don’t lose money in the long-term.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Omaha Nebraska house fast?
Relocating and the Options
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with a professional home buyer like Anna, and we can give you a no-cost no obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market, you can decide if and when you want to sell the house.
- Decide how quickly you want or need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. We’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a lower price than they’d hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you’re willing to keep making two mortgage payments, two insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste time. Every month that you wait, or every month that it takes to sell the house costs you money. Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local house buyer, and we’d love to make you a fast, fair, cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house now vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But one thing many people forget to do is come up with the financial costs associated with holding onto your house once you’ve relocated. The costs involved will include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment is interest and not much is going to principal), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Let’s say you want to sell your house for $200,000, and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes are $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.). Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “nonequity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent, it will cost you approximately $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the seller’s agent)… Totaling $23,200! That’s money out of your pocket. This doesn’t account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000. But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (let’s say… $175,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Make sense?
- Of course, another option might be to consider marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, to earn some income while you see how the sale process goes. This can be a little tricky if you’re going the traditional sales agent route though, as keeping the place clean and tidy can be challenging to your renter with various and multiple showings.
- Take action! Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Omaha Nebraska agent. If you’d rather sell sooner rather than later and not have to pay real estate agent commissions, then contact a professional home buyer!
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying. In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments, or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems!
Who Is Anna Buys Houses and How Can We Help if You’re Relocating and Need To Sell in Omaha?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Omaha homeowners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell quickly (we can close in as little as two weeks if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in As-Is condition)
We’re passionate people, and we believe in the Omaha community. We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Omaha real estate, so please feel free to call us at (402) 313-8700 and chat with us anytime.